You can’t stop getting ads online, but you can remove some unwanted ads. You can also stop getting ads that are based on your interests and personal information.
How To Stop pop-up ads
Simply, You can turn off pop-up ads in Chrome and most other browsers also.
By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-up blocked. You can also decide to allow pop-ups.
If you still get pop-ups after disabling them:
You may have previously subscribed to receive notifications from a site. You can block notifications if you don’t want any communications from a site to show up on your screen.
Your computer or phone may be infected by malware.
Turn pop-ups on or off on Computer
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
Turn pop-ups on or off on Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More More Settings.
- Tap Permissions and then Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn off Pop-ups and redirects.
Turn pop-ups on or off on iPhone & iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app Chrome.
- Tap More More and then Settings Settings.
- Tap Content Settings and then Block Pop-ups.
- Turn Block Pop-ups on or off.
How To Remove unwanted ads
Blocking an ad stops you from seeing ads from that advertiser. If an advertiser has multiple websites, you might have to block several ads.
Learn how to get your ad preferences on all your devices.
On Google services
Next to an ad:
- On Google Search on your phone or tablet, tap Info Information and then Why this ad. Turn off Show ads from [advertiser].
- On YouTube, select Info Information and then Stop seeing this ad.
- On Gmail, select Info Information and then Control ads like this and then Block this advertiser.
On websites & apps that partner with Google to show ads
- At the top right of an ad, select Remove Remove and then Stop seeing this ad.
- At the top right of an ad, select Remove Remove and then Report this ad.
- You can also let us know about ads that violate our policies.
- Turn off personalized ads
- Go to the Ad Settings page.
- Choose where you want the change to apply:
- On all devices where you’re signed in: If you aren’t signed in, at the top right, select Sign in. Follow the steps.
- On your current device or browser: Stay signed out.
How To Turn off Ad Personalization
Once you’ve turned off personalization, Google will no longer use your info to personalize your ads. Ads can still be targeted with info like your general location or the content of the website you’re visiting.
Save settings for the Chrome browser
You can also turn off personalization for your browser by installing the Interest-Based Ads Opt-Out extension.
What doesn’t change
Blocking a Google ad or turning off ad personalization can’t:
- Stop all ads: If you turn off personalization, Google ads will use info like your general location or the content of the website you’re visiting.
- Change other networks’ ads: Your Google ad settings don’t change other ad networks.
- Update your settings on signed-out devices: Learn how to get your ad preferences on all your devices.