What Is Social Media Marketing ?
Social Media Marketing is using various social media or social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest,etc) to promote your product or brand.
In general, there are two ways to do this; paid (ads) and unpaid (community building, outreach, etc).
To make another generalization, you will normally have one of two broad objectives: either to build your brand (e.g. increase brand affinity, brand awareness) or provoke a direct response (signup, sale etc)
The major player here is overwhelmingly Facebook. They have the greatest reach, the most sophisticated targeting and the most engaging ad formats, across both mobile and desktop.
Their reach is well documented, 1.6BN global daily active users and counting, meaning your customers are certainly there.
Targeting options include users’ interests, geo, demographics as well as custom audiences (email addresses and other identifiers) and lookalikes (people who have similar profile characteristics to your custom audiences. You can also retarget visitors to your website/app.
Ad formats include lead gen ads (to gather email), carousel ads (linking to sites/apps), and mobile app install ads. There are much more which Facebook map to your campaign objectives.
In terms of common DR metrics such as cost per install/sale/registration
That being said, different verticals/industries may perform better on other properties. Some things that I’ve observed with my campaigns/clients:
- LinkedIn can work very well for B2B
- Twitter has seen success for games and e-commerce (it suffers from a lack of targeting options vis a vis Facebook)
- Instagram (which benefits from FB targeting) works well for, surprise surprise, visual products. (Prob not your first port of call if you’re flogging credit cards)
- Snapchat‘s younger audience is a significant differentiator and in my opinion will gain them plenty of ad dollars in the months and years to come.
- Pinterest : A great platform to share content and images , Read this Ultimate Pinterest Guide
How To Do Effective Social Media Marketing ?
Here are my 3 Staples for Effective Social Media Marketing:
- Build YOUR Brand – This is often forgotten as most get right to the benefits of their product/service/opportuni
ty. YOUR Brand is your NAME. Make it be known in a positive, uplifting and problem-solving way
- Marketing – Most don’t have a marketing approach, and most times is the missing link to growing effectively on social media. To me, it’s about attracting your ideal customer to YOU, as you provide the solution to their problem.
- Prospecting/Recruiting – This falls under any type of business. You must learn how to acquire new customers/biz partners daily to keep your business growing consistently. This must be done very strategically on social media, not by spamming your info about products/service all over the place.
7 Social Media Marketing Tips
Here are some social media marketing tips to keep you on the right track across all your social media campaigns.
- Planning –As discussed previously, building a social media marketing plan is essential. Consider keyword research and brainstorm content ideas that will interest your target audience.
- Content is King — Consistent with other areas of online marketing, content reigns king when it comes to social media marketing. Make sure you are offering valuable information that your ideal customers will find interesting. Create a variety of content by implementing social media images, videos, and infographics in addition to classic text-based content.
- Consistent Brand Image — Using social media for marketing enables your business to project your brand image across a variety of different social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, your business’ core identity should stay consistent.
- Blog — Blogging is a great social media marketing tool that lets you share a wide array of information and content with readers. Your company blog can also serve as your social media marketing blog, in which you blog about your recent social media efforts, contests, and events.
- Links — While its own unique, original content to gain followers, fans, and devotees, it’s also great to link to outside articles as well. If other sources provide great, valuable information you think your target audience will enjoy, don’t be shy about linking to them. Linking to outside sources improves trust and reliability, and you may even get some links in return.
- Track Competitors — It’s always important to keep an eye on competitors—they can provide valuable data for keyword research, where to get industry-related links, and other social media marketing insight. If your competitors are using a certain social media marketing technique that seems to be working for them, do the same thing, but do it better!
- Measure Success with Analytics —You can’t determine the success of your social media marketing strategies without tracking data. can be used as a great social media marketing tool that will help you measure your triumphant social media marketing techniques, as well as determine which strategies are better off abandoned. Attach tracking tags to your social media marketing campaigns so that you can properly monitor them.
How To Be A Social Media Marketing Expert From Scratch?
SO HERE ARE THE 3 INSANELY CRAZY SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FROM SCRATCH.
1.: HubSpot is an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.They also have free marketing courses especially Inbound Marketing. they even give Inbound Marketing certificates.
2.: Quick Sprout is the easiest way for you to make better content so your audience and traffic continue to grow. Neil Patel is the King of content marketing. I love this man and his content. Its gives insane and effective results but you need to have patience.
3. Udemy In News – Read This : Udemy Thinks It’s Cracked the Future of Online Education“: Udemy is a platform or marketplace for online learning. Unlike academic MOOC programs are driven by traditional collegiate coursework, Udemy provides a platform for experts of any kind to create courses which can be offered to the public, either at no charge or for a tuition fee. Udemy provides tools which enable users to create a course, promote it and earn money from student tuition charges.”
Final Step : PRACTICE
Once you know something, in theory, put it into practice. That’s how you become a social media expert. Start some blog or website, and start putting the things you learn into practice. That’s the only way to build the expertise
To create stunning images for social media marketing :- Read This Article – 3 Social Media Design Tools That Create Stunning Images