Black hat SEO and White Hat SEO are terms derived from Western movie convention where the good guy would wear a white hat that contrasted with the bad guy’s black hat
Black hat SEO techniques, encapsulated by spamdexing, entail manipulating how search engines perceive the relevance of a Web page in a way that is often inconsistent with the search engines’ guidelines. Hidden text, cloaking, and blog comment spam are examples of black hat SEO.
White hat SEO techniques involve providing users with quality content that is accurate, relevant, and well-organized. Using relevant keywords in the title tag, h1 tag, and anchor text of inbound and internal links are examples of white hat SEO.
14 Black Hat SEO Techniques to Avoid In 2017
1. Unrelated Keywords
3. Tiny Text, Hidden Text, and Hidden Links
4. Keyword Stacking and Keyword Stuffing
5. Doorway Pages or Gateway Pages
6. Spam Blogs or Splogs
7. Duplicate Content or Mirror Site
8. Bait-and-Switch or Page Swapping
9. Blog Spam or Comment Spam
11. Spam Ping or Sping or Pingback Spam
12. Referrer Spam
13. Link Farms
14. Cybersquatting or Domain Squatting
“ALERT – Don’t Use Any Black Hat SEO Software”
How Can Black Hat Seo Practices Affect Your Website Credibility?
To rank well in google search many spammers try to manipulate algorithms by practicing various unethical methods such as link manipulation, keyword stuffing, content spinning, hidden text & links, buying an old domain etc..
These techniques are simply treated as black hat SEO because Google doesn’t approve these methods as a right way to get recognition in search engines.
These strategies may give your websites instant results but in long run it can result in a penalty, prohibiting websites from listing in search engine results for extended periods of time.
Google has implemented many changes to its algorithm like the penguin, Panda and Hummingbird & Possum to identify and prevent these manipulative methods from ranking low-quality sites.This way they are able to provide users with good quality sites in search results.
Yet, Some freelance companies and low-quality digital marketing providers that have limited skill and capability to implement effective white hat strategies, are deceiving website owners with black hat practices
It’s not a right approach by a professional to bring their site position at a top most position, It Breaks the SEO rules of making your site most wanted. Once search engines find out this faulty shortcut means it will mark you as a SPAM
How to protect websites from black hat seo practices?
Sometimes, businesses who cannot build their brand reputation online , target their competitors with their spammy activities like building spammy links to their websites, copying & distributing the content online, creating fake social profiles links etc. it is also important to protect websites from such fake attacks otherwise it will be a huge loss both in terms of google rankings and business revenues, while not doing black hat SEO, the white hat provider should be able to use the right tools, methods, and features of webmaster tools to clean up. All this requires a lot talented and trained staff that are not easy to find.
READ THIS ARTICLE – What is more effective On Page SEO or Off Page SEO?
So What Exactly can You do? There is a list of it.
- Create a website that contains meta tags, content, graphics and keywords that help improve your site ranking.
- Use Keywords liberally on your site, So long as they are used in the correct context of your site topic and content.
- Include reciprocal links to your site from others as long as those links are legitimate and relevant
- Encourage website traffic through many revenues, including keyword advertising reciprocal links, and marketing campaigns.
- Submit your website to search engines manually rather than waiting for them to pick up your site in the natural course of cataloging websites