Email Marketing is an important factor of online marketing. Emails help you to interact with your audience in a realistic manner.
But how can you create a successful campaign for your email marketing?
Create a strategy for your email marketing campaign from the very beginning is important to ensure that your messaging is helping your business reach its full potential.
To create a successful campaign you need to follow these 10 steps and you can achieve your goal.
#1. Create A Clear Goal
The important step to creating a successful email marketing campaigns is to define a clear goal or purpose. It’s important to revisit the goal throughout the creation process so that you don’t stay.
The Average results for email marketing campaigns-UK (According to the latest survey) across all industries:
- Open Rate: 21.47%
- Click Through Rate: 3.16%
- Unsubscription Rate: 0.47%
- Click To Open Rate: 14.72%
- Unsubscribe To Open Rate: 2.29%
#2. Segment Your Audience.
Make the campaign reflect your audience’s needs and give them what they ‘ve signed up for. List segmentation is key to ensuring that your message gets in front of the right people.
7 Common Ways To Segment Your Email List:
- Geographic Location
- Past Purchases
- Email Engagement
- Site Usage
- Form Abandonment
Do You Know?
- 39% of marketers who segment their email lists experienced higher open rates.
- 28% of marketers who segment their email list experienced lower unsubscribe rates.
- 24% of marketers who segment their email lists experienced better deliverability and greater revenue.
#3. Create A Compelling Headline
Always try to create a compelling headline because subject line is the first impact of email and if the subject line isn’t good then email campaign will not be successful.
Create a snappy headline that answers the question: What’s in it for me?
In a study analyzing over 200 million emails, Mailchimp found that emails with the subject line between 28 to 39 characters in length had the highest click rate.
#4. Timing is A Success Key
When you send your email is of crucial importance, and varies a lot depending on industry and customers. The best way to understand what works for your business is to run tests.
These tests will help you to understand better timings according to your audience.
#5. Brand Optimization
It’s a fifth and important factor of any successful email campaign. Brand Optimization, make it clear who the email is from.
- Use your brand name in the field.
- Use an email address from your recognized domain.
- Display your logo clearly
- Try to use your brand colors in emails.
- Reflect the design of your website.
#6. Design & Compatibility
Email design should be used to get your message across and encourage users to take action. Make sure your email design is compatible across all devices and email clients by testing each.
Most Important: Not all email clients will display images by default and will instead present the alt text. Optimize your ALT text on each image to best communicate the message of your email.
#7. Clear Call To Action (CTA)
A well-crafted email can easily fall down without a strong call to action. Your call to action should aim to fulfill the overall marketing goal of the email campaign.
Following are the 6 tips to ensure users take action after opening your email:
- Keep your call to action above the fold means reader should not have to scroll to reach it.
- Create a path to your call to action. The design should naturally lead the user towards to the call to action.
- Use color to grab attention, highlighting your call to action and using contrasting colors are effective ways of drawing the users attention.
- Don’t be afraid of whitespace. Don’t clutter your email by trying to squeeze too much content in. Give your conversion point room to breathe.
- Make it persuasive. Use action words to tell the readers what you want them to do.
- Create a sense of urgency invoke a time limit to encourage users to take action.Be careful not to overuse this tactic.
#8. Create An Effective Landing Page
If you are redirecting users to your website, you need an effective landing page. It should be free of distraction, reflect the customer intent and persuade them to carry out further actions.
Companies with 30+ landing page generate 7X more leads those fewer than 10
48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign
#9. Set Up Tracking
Most email marketing packages will give you stats around open rates and click-throughs but it’s important to measure more than that because to get real insight into the success of your campaign you need to track the people who convert on your website via your email marketing.
#10. Test, Test & Test Again
There is no magic formula for creating perfect and successful email marketing campaign. A lot of it is going to come down to the knowledge you gain with each campaign. Split testing is one of the most effective ways of figuring out what works and what doesn’t work with your audience.
People who A/B test their email campaigns get 11% better open rates and 17% more clicks – MailChimp
Split testing has multiple goals:
- Open Rates
- Click-Through Rates
- Conversion Rates
You can split test pretty much anything on your email, but here are a few popular choices:
- Sender Details
- Email Subject Lines
- Design & Layouts
- Call To Actions
- Headlines & Copy
- Marketing Push
- Fonts & Colors
- The Use of Images & Videos
- Day of Week Tests
- Time of Day Tests
Create a goal to testing, there are 10 steps for a successful email marketing campaign but in the whole process, testing is much important because first, you need to understand your audience and their behavior and this understanding will come through the split testing and will help you to achieve email marketing success.